The grey, black, and silver case measures 6.0-inches tall, 2.6-inches wide, 1.2-inches thick and with…
Best Garmin VIRB Ultra 30 Black Friday Deals and Offers
Robust waterproof chassis
4K and high-speed shooting options
ANT+ and Bluetooth sensor connectivity
Wi-Fi smartphone control including live streaming to YouTube
3-axis electronic image stabilisation
Get Garmin VIRB Ultra 30 in cheapest Price in Black Friday & Cyber Monday Sales
Check Price Garmin VIRB Ultra 30 in Walmart, target, bestbuy, ebay,
No image stabilisation in 4K
Not waterproof with out a case
Review Price: £369.99
1/2.3-inch CMOS with 12 megapixels
MP4 recording at up to 4K at 60Mbits/sec
Image stabilisation (except 4K)
Built-in GPS receiver, accelerometer and altimeter
Sensor and peripheral connectivity via ANT+ and Bluetooth
Wi-Fi handy remote control functions via smartphone
What’s the Garmin VIRB Ultra 30?
The VIRB Ultra 30 may be the new flagship action camera from Garmin. Just like the VIRB XE, it runs on the GoPro-like form factor. But where in fact the XE maxed out at 1,440p resolution, the Ultra 30 finally reaches 4K.
Get Upto 60% Off Here
Get All Amazon Black Friday Offers Right Here
This isn’t the only enhancement over the prior model, in addition to the camera retains the G-Metrix features that gave Garmin’s action cameras something unique when compared to competition. Could this be Garmin’s best action camera yet, and will it dismount the GoPro Hero 5 Black?
Garmin VIRB Ultra 30 – Features and Battery Life
The VIRB Ultra 30 has a waterproof case which will keep carefully the action camera dry to a depth of 40m, because of a double-locking mechanism. There are no IP ratings quoted, but that is a commendable depth, although just a little significantly less than the 50m of the XE. It even includes anti-fog packs to avoid condensation inside.
Unlike the XE, however, the Ultra 30 isn’t permanently fixed inside its casing. Instead, like the majority of other action cameras, the casing is removable.
This is very good news if you wish to employ a different housing, or don’t desire a robust outer casing. However, a case or caddy will be needed, for the reason that action camera itself doesn’t have any sort of mounting point built-in. On the plus side, the battery continues to be removable, and is continuing to grow to at least one 1,250mAh from the prior model’s 980mAh.
The bigger battery means the VIRB Ultra 30 is specified to last 2hrs 15mins when shooting Full HD, just a little longer compared to the XE. This still isn’t up to the three hours of the initial VIRB, and duration drops by one hour in 4K. There’s also no chance to attach external capacity to the Ultra 30 when it’s inside its waterproof casing, unlike the XE.
Related: Best Dash Cams
The Ultra 30 is tiny when it’s out of its housing. There are ports for micro-HDMI and micro-USB, and a mysterious trio of contacts on underneath of the camera that are allegedly for as-yet unreleased accessories. The microphone includes a special pass-through port that connects to the outer casing, potentially providing better music than most action cameras when inside waterproof housings.
Another bit of very good news is that the LCD panel returns. The menu could be operated set up camera is inside its case, using two buttons at the top. But the display can be a touchscreen, so obviously this won’t function through the casing, despite the fact that it’s transparent and you will still see what’s going on. Accessing the menu functions is not too difficult using the touchscreen.
However, this isn’t the only method of control; voice activation system is available too. That is similar in function to the GoPro Hero 5 Black. Simply say “OK Garmin” and tell these devices to “Have a picture”, “Start recording”, “Stop recording” or “Understand that” (to mark a online video as a highlight).
Garmin VIRB Ultra 30 – Shooting Options and Specification
Garmin hasn’t improved the specifications of the sensor inside Ultra 30 over the XE, with an identical 12-megapixel resolution and sizeable 1/2.3-inch sensor. However the signal processing sees significant enhancement. The headline act is that, finally, you can shoot in 4K with a Garmin action camera – and at the entire 30 frames/sec too.
There are also some very nice high-speed options at lesser resolutions. You can shoot 2.7K at 60 frames/sec, 1080p at 120 frames/sec, 720p at 240 frames/sec, and 480p at 300 frames/sec. Smooth slow motion is easily available even at Full HD, too, which is useful to use it videography. These broadly match the GoPro Hero 5 Black’s most significant options, although the latter includes a bewildering selection of resolutions in between.
The utmost data rate is 60Mbits/sec in 4K mode, although that is compressed to around 35Mbits/sec when you add the G-Metrix overlay. That is a little low because of this resolution, equal to shooting Full HD at 8.75Mbits/sec. Footage is recorded to microSD, with the slot rather hidden next to the battery under the key unit cover. A 16GB card will hold just 35 minutes of 4K footage.
The Ultra 30, just like the XE, offers image stabilisation – but since this uses pixel-shifting on the sensor, it doesn’t work in 4K because there aren’t enough spare. It only operates at up to at least one 1,440p at 60 frames/sec or 2.7K at 30 frames/sec. Still, it’s a three-axis system even though it’s no match for optical image stabilisation as observed in Sony’s recent FDR-X3000 Action Cam, it’s on the other hand worth having. Optical syst
Garmin VIRB Ultra 30 Aviation In-cockpit Bundle
- Ultra HD 4K/30fps footage with 1.75-inch touchscreen display that lets you see what is being recorded
- 3-axis image stabilization captures smooth and steady video in unsteady flight conditions
- Includes headset audio cable overlay of the cockpit conversation/ATC audio on the video and a prop filter to remove propeller from the video
- Capture your position, attitude, speed and much more and overlay them onto your video; then easily create and share your video using a smart device and VIRB app
- Wirelessly record HD audio in flight from Bluetooth-compatible headsets and audio panels
Garmin 010-01529-04 Garmin VIRB Ultra 30 Europe/WW
- ULTRA HD VIDEO - Crystal clear 4K/30fps footage, 1080p/120fps, or slow motion capability at 720p/240fps
- G-METRIX - Built-in GPS and external sensors with connectivity to Garmin devices to capture performance data like speed, elevation, heart rate and G-force
- LCD COLOR TOUCHSCREEN - 1.75-inch display is easy to operate; fully functional in and out of waterproof case
- VOICE CONTROL - Shoot hands-free by using voice commands to start/stop recording, take a photo or tag footage
- 3-AXIS IMAGE STABILIZATION - Captures steady footage up to 1080p/30fps
Garmin VIRB 360, Waterproof 360-degree Camera, 5.7K/30fps Resolution, 1-Click Video Stabilization up to 4K Resolution
- Resolution up to 5.7K/30fps with desktop stitching; 4K/30fps auto-stitched in-camera
- Up to 15-megapixel resolution provides high-quality, spherical photos
- HyperFrame Director Mode gives you the editing power to easily reframe content after filming — using smooth camera pans, incredibly wide angles and even tiny planets
- Spherical stabilization ensures smooth video regardless of camera movement
- Built-in sensors provide G-Metrix data overlays in 360-degree augmented reality
Garmin Virb 360 - Rugged, Waterproof 360-degree Action Camera with 5.7K/30fps Resolution and 4K Spherical Stabilization Bundle with 64GB Memory Card + Floating Strap
- The Garmin Virb 360 is Waterproof to 33' Without Housing and features Unstitched Video Recorded up to 5.7K 30p
- Capture Spherical Video in 4K at 30p | Dual-Lens Capture and Internal Stitching| 4-Channel Spatial Audio Recording
- Free VIRB Mobile and Desktop Apps | Built-In Environmental Sensors| G-Metrix Status Overlays
- Built-In Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and NFC
- Bundle includes Garmin VIRB 360 Action Camera with Limited 1- Year Manufacturer Warranty, 64gb microSDHC Memory Card, Memory Card Wallet, Carrying Case, FLOATING STRAP, 5pc Lens Cleaning Kit, MicroFiber Cleaning Cloth